I’m still not feeling 100% better, but today has managed to be productive in spite of my hazy mindset. For example, I finished the script for the tech demo, figured out the preliminaries for sound and have working sounds in the demo, and fixed a VERY nasty bug that would have bit me in the ass if I didn’t catch it now. I really only have the character framework to do tomorrow, and then the hard part of getting the Windows version converted will begin. The XML assistant program I wrote was good in that it saved me a ton of typing, but on the other hand it’s not terribly helpful when it comes to assembling dialogue fragments– THAT part had to be done by hand in notepad. All in all, though, today was damn good for six hours’ worth of work.
I’m still holding off on the celebrations until I have the executable available for download. But I’m so very close.